Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A New Day Has Come...

Ramadan... Day 5

Salam to all... I hope your enjoying your time during this Holy month... Don't you just love it?!!


I know... weird how one's mood can swing... and mine surely does I assure you *blushes*

So...since I ain't got a tv in the flat, I resort to watching stuff on the internet... not just videos on YouTube... but series and programs on tv websites such as mbc, dubai ...


I'm definitely not a tv person... but there are stuff that I tend to follow and actors whose work appeal to me... for example, like no girl would know Teim Hassan :) ...yeah he's a cutie... but that's not all, he's so damn talented, so I'm watching Zaman El3ar ... and that's it lol.... like last Ramadan I only watched Sera3 3ala arrimaal ... outstanding piece of art I must say...


Of course I wouldn't leave out my days without enriching myself with my gloreous religion... and to whom other than Amr Khaled do I turn to? I don't know about you guys, but he's got a way in reaching out to people... I for one am entirely grateful to his efforts in simplifying info and loads of stuff about our I slamic teachings and history... I just love him in Allah ... (I actually prayed for a husband like him once upon a time *blushes again*)

It was during my first year at university, I had just came back to Libya and this girl who studied a year ahead of me mentioned him... it's amazing how I clung to the note and directly tuned in to his program that exact night... and man... I was whisked off my feet... and realised how much I had been putting waaaay behind me...


If I would compare myself with who I was ten years back... an amazing shift!

Not that I was ignorant of my religion's teachings or anything... I prayed, fasted, I even went to Umrah more than once while abroad... but there was much amiss... taking into consideration Tasabeeh, morning and evening athkars and so on... I never took those into consideration...

Now I know how to be at peace with myself... and today when I tuned into amrkhaled.net to watch his program, the one I anticipated every Ramadan for the past 8 or 9 years!! Can you imagine? It's great how something good, once learnt, you cannot part with...

My Arabic teacher once told us, that when one gets used to a habit, feels the lack when he stops doing it, and here he was talking about Salat... when you're used to praying each prayer in its exact time... you feel restless once you miss one!!


That's the beauty of living in an Arab country... there are mosques... you could never miss a prayer... no need for a timetable to check... it's there near you telling you eac time 'it's time'


Going back to Amr Khaled's program... so I watched the past few episodes of this Ramadan, and he mentioned something I'm glad to be reminded of... Attawakul التوكل ... and I realised that the small things that are irritating me nowadays are silly things and I'm only wasting energy on them ... let alone not doing anything about it...


A new day has come... a new lesson has been learnt... and that's what makes me content of being reminded and aware...



I would like to give a special thank you to ibeebarbie for her motivation... and my new acquaintance Quest... Barak allahu feekin and may Allah grant you peace, stability and shower you with his blessings...


Salamz


Till next time

2 comments:

Quest said...

try watching "bab al hara" on your computer, perhaps youtube has it too. You won't regret it sis :-)

happy iftaaaar!! I'm off to mine, this time not burgers and fries, something healthier ;-P ....

Sparkle said...

hmmm... I only saw the first version of the series...then got fed up :P lol ...

I guess I'm content with the one I'm watching right now ^_^

Thanks for the tip sis... and thanks for keeping me company

Ya3teek el3afyeeh ;)