Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Okay...um... Salamu Alaikum






Ahe Ahe heehee -___-"

^ That was something you'd very likely hear from Maroco (ماروكو؟)

I've been lazy enough to add an entry around here...bleh!

Lazy? Or busy?

Yes, busy's the word... I've been working like mad on my research project. The one I've been blabbering about for some time here.

On my last tutorial with my supervisor (did I mention his name's Garry?) Anyway, he said all was fine...yadda yadda... but it was getting too long, outta hand -__-

As a writer, you need to get into grips to not allow yourself to over-write. But, you know, in my case, I like to over-write... coz that always makes it easy to cut cut cut!! (Schnitzen in German... right) heehee

However, since I'm a very obedient student (.....) I did as I was told and cut out a huge amount of scenes from my script @_@ It's not so bad, you know. You get to realize that some stuff don't actually belong there in the first place... you know the voice inside that says: "Cut the crap, will ya?"

Yeah, that kinda thing.

Following my last blog entry, I solemnly inform you that I stuck to exercizing... for like 2 weeks or so... -__-" ahe ahe aheehee

I got busy!! Gimme a break!! T_T *sniff sniff*

But not to worry (tadaaa!) I just discovered recently - like, two months ago >///<- that a new sports center was opened on campus. There's this cool swimming pool that I drool at whenever I pass by it. I went to the center's website and it shows the pool's timetable and stuff. There are two hours for women only: one on Tuesday morning, the other on Friday night.

I got hyper when I learned about this... but then, there's the part where the pool is see-through... how's that ever gonna work? Bum-er...

Until last week when my brother came for a visit from Libya, it all turned around. (he's staying till after Ramadan btw ^_^) Just to make sure he never got bored whilst I busy myself with finishing my research, I took him to the center so he could go for a swim whenever he wanted. He's 16, and I'm sorta kinda overprotective of him ^_^... so I asked the lady at the front desk if I could chaperon him inside (I actually wanted to see what it was like inside- as in, the changing rooms and showers... safety measures- over and out).

It was all A-Okay :) and what's more, I turned and saw the lady catching up with me to say: "There are hours for women on (ditto above) and the blinds are lowered to cover the windows."

Oooooooh praise the Lord!! *sniff sniff* It was like she threw a life-buoy at me... I was saved!!

Ahem, exaggeration...

So, last Monday, I went with my friend Julia to buy a swimsuit. I got one from JJB (a sports shop) for only 12.99 pounds ^_^ , black, and Addidas XD

Of course I wore black tights under it and a tight black vest as well. And I went yesterday ^_^ *sigh*

Can you imagine? The last time I went swimming was in 2007, when I went with my folks to a summer resort in Libya T_T loooong time.

I feel rejuvenated, and happy that I get to stay in ship-shop shape XP woohoo!

So, now it's not just the walking. It's the walking and swimming B-D heehee

Now, back to work.

I'm almost finished with my third act. Garry says that I'll only be able to submit a minimum of 60 pages of the script T___T gaaaa!! but I need to finish it nevertheless just to get a better sense of the whole story. *sigh* After which I need to start working on my critical essay (which I'm sure I've mentioned something about in an earlier post here -__-)

It should have a topic, says he. Then he suggested I write about the impact of the western world on Muslim women...the singles, that is.

And I was like, "Okay... I think I can do that..."

^_^

Well, it's off to work for me now. Loved coming back !!

Happy Ramadan and may you all be well and happy! Maybe I'll get to do what I did last year on my blog. Like a day to day entry of how it's going for me during the holy month.

Will leave it to God's will :)

Salamz


Till next time,


Sparkle xxx

PS: I solemnly cut down on the fries !! ^_^ yippeee!

No comments: